Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Nomadic ruminance.


Preamble

A multivoiced conversation springs from an afternoon picnic with Terry Elliott, shepherd.


Amble

I can feel the movement slowing, I concentrate on breathing, I feel my muscles relax.  

I am focused on that field.

My fingers hesitate.

RUMI-NANCE

The page backgrounds.

My attention is fixed on time.

Or heart beat?

Seconds...blinking in a cursor.

A lie?



“The timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness. And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream.” 

Kahlil GibranThe Prophet


Now. 

Slowed. 

-N-O-W-

LIFE

S-P-A-C-E

Bird Song

RECORD

ONLY

SILENCE

-N-O-W-





The sheep field has become a means to read?
Or to listen?
Or to see?
Or to hear?

"Each field tells a story." 
Terry Elliott

A means to read?

A means to care?

A means to wonder?

A hollow yearning is that?

No! There is joy.

LIFE


"There's another story there: you live in a system that essentially defies understanding."
Terry Elliott


"I can go out on my farm every day and find a mystery."
Terry Elliott

A reason to mourn reason?

"Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"


"Nature has a way and if nature doesn't want to produce grass you have to get rid of sheep."
Terry Elliott

To throw up one's arms and surrender to the evidence.

"Eli Eli lama sabachthani?"



What counts is not visible, is around us, but beyond us and binds us all.

LOVE

"Nature will make you decide things that you don't want to decide."
Terry Elliott

I decide to do this while I can, while I want.

That sheep field has me write this.

It's the nature of it.

WRITING

"You want a little bit of everything in a field."
Terry Elliott

I am not sure

I pull up a few weeds.

I walk the lines.

LINE

"We have no faith in nature." 

Do you have any faith in human nature?

I have resistant faith.

For if not, what?




It's been raining.

LIFE

I have space to think, to wander, to meander...
 ...to get where I shouldn't be, to vagabond...

FLOW

Je me la coule douce.

VAGABOND

The word breaks up.

"There's another story there: you live in a system that essentially defies understanding."
Terry Elliott

VAGA BOND. 

Vague - Vague - indefinite (English) 

Vague - Wave (French) Sea - Waves - Rhythmic - Tides - Influence of moon - Seasons



Animation of Tides as Moon Goes Around the Earth With the Sun on The Right

Animation: Todd  Timberlake

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tide#/media/File:Tidalwaves1.gif

Tides are the rise and fall of sea levels caused by the combined effects of gravitational forces exerted by the Moon, Sun, and rotation of the Earth. The semi-diurnal range (the difference in height between high and low waters over about half a day) varies in a two-week cycle. Approximately twice a month, around new moon and full moon when the Sun, Moon, and Earth form a line (a condition known as syzygy), the tidal force due to the sun reinforces that due to the Moon. The tide's range is then at its maximum; this is called the spring tide. It is not named after the season, but, like that word, derives from the meaning "jump, burst forth, rise", as in a natural spring. When the Moon is at first quarter or third quarter, the sun and Moon are separated by 90° when viewed from the Earth, and the solar tidal force partially cancels the Moon's. At these points in the lunar cycle, the tide's range is at its minimum; this is called the neap tide, or neaps (a word of uncertain origin).


Va - Go (French) 

Bond - relate to people - make deepening connections (English)

Bond (jump French)

VA-GAGA-  Go GAGA.

Silly; crazy.

Completely absorbed, infatuated, or excited: They were gaga over the rock group's new album.

Senile; doddering.

BOND - James



Charles Dickens, in "The Old Curiosity Shop" has a character say: 

"a gentleman's word is as good as his bond, sometimes better, as in the present case."

"Agriscience and agribusiness is so apposite to agriculture."
Terry Elliott

"There's another story there: you live in a system that essentially defies understanding."
Terry Elliott

“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing 
and rightdoing there is a field.
I'll meet you there.

When the soul lies down in that grass
the world is too full to talk about.” 


Jalaluddin Rumi


Image 


Isle of Skye

Richard Ansdell

1865

Oil on canvas.

183 × 108 cm (72 × 42.5 in)



No comments:

Post a Comment